Termite prevention – lower your risk!
Termites require warmth, shelter, moisture and a food source. Termite prevention begins by ensuring home maintenance includes the following self help tips –
- keep garden beds away from the house
- make sure there is good drainage around the foundations
- do not leave tree roots and timber products close to the house
- ensure subfloors remain well ventilated and dry
- clear down pipes and gutters of debris that may cause water ingress
- build with termite resistant materials
- seal gaps and cracks
Above all, the best advice is to speak with a Termite Pest Control Expert!