Vinegar Flies Control
Vinegar flies thrive anywhere there is fermenting food or water, ie: in sinks, drains, bins, under benches and/or cooking equipment, pipe systems, etc.
Vinegar flies will breed and feed on most fermenting food and water, but are highly attracted to fruit and vegetable matter, as well as alcohol and juices. Places susceptible to Vinegar Fly infestation are sinks, drains, any food scraps and or moisture under benches, alcohol post mixes, any unclean surfaces as well as any wet towels, cloths, mops and buckets.
It only takes a very small area of concern to establish a large infestation of Vinegar Flies.
Treatment and Recommendations Post Treatment Recommendations
- DO leave treatment residue along all wall, ceiling edges, shelving and anywhere flies were resting for two weeks.
- DO clean up source of infestation
- DO wash any cooking and or other items exposed
- DO NOT flush drains or sinks with harsh chemicals after the treatment. This will dissolve any treatment applied
- Good Housekeeping practices are essential
- Ensure all surfaces are kept clean and dry
- Ensure no food scraps are left out or gathering anywhere
- Ensure all drains are cleaned and free of any food matter on a daily basis
- Ensure mops, towels, sponges are rung out and hung to dry
- Ensure all bins are cleaned, disinfected and have lids placed securely
- Ensure all food is stored in sealed containers.